Refund And Cancellation policy
Once a Booking is made, the Tariff that has already been paid shall only be refundable, subject to airlines’ policies in relation to changes or cancellation. If a customer does not check-in for a flight at least 60 (sixty) minutes prior to its scheduled time of departure, the entire amount paid for the Booking will be retained by the airlines.
Airlines allow cancellations or changes to be made to Bookings, subject to the following conditions:
- Changes to/cancellations of the Booking must be made at least 2 (two) hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Airlines shall levy a fee for a change/cancellation as per the terms and conditions agreed at the time of making a Booking, in accordance with the Civil Aviation Guidelines. The fee for such change/cancellation will be as per the applicable Tariff Type mentioned in the Conditions of airlines. The aforesaid fee will be deducted from the total amount paid at the time of Booking and the residual amount will be refunded to Customers (in case of cancellation) or may be adjusted against the Tariff required to be paid for the Customer’s changed Booking. Changes to a Booking will be made at the Tariff prevailing at the time of making the change, and a revised Invoice will be issued to the Customer at the time of making such changes to the Booking in accordance with the Conditions. If the residual amount is lesser than the price of the changed Booking, Customers will be required to pay the difference. If any cancellations to Bookings are undertaken pursuant to this paragraph through the airlines’ call center, an additional fee per person per flight will be levied.
- No change or cancellation fees shall be retained by airlines in case a Customer cancels or changes a Booking within 24 (twenty-four) hours of making the booking, provided that the Booking is for a flight whose departure is not less than 7 (seven) days from the date of the Booking. Customers have a look-in option to modify or cancel their Bookings within 24 (twenty-four) hours of making Bookings, in accordance with applicable law. Any change to a Booking will nevertheless require Customers to pay any increase between the Tariff of the original Booking and the changed Booking.
- Airlines do not permit changes in name once a Booking is complete. However, a minor spelling correction in the name of a Customer can be done within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the booking having been made, without incurring any additional charges, by calling the airlines’ Customer Care number.
In case of all Codeshare Flights, airlines will not be able to accept any requests for changes in the name once a Booking is complete, if the relevant Codeshare Partner does not permit such changes in the name after completion of Booking, and the Customer’s Itinerary includes a Codeshare Flight.
In case of change or cancellation of Bookings, if airlines are required to refund Tariff or a part thereof to Customers, Customers will receive the refundable amount (after the deduction of the applicable fee per Customer per Sector mentioned by airlines) as a (i) refund in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage, or (ii) at the option of Customers, as a Credit Shell.
However, in case of change or cancellation of Bookings on account of Force Majeure, Customers acknowledge that airlines shall decide the manner in which such refunds may be processed.
A Credit Shell may be utilized by Customers for future travel on the same airline flights (applicable as per different airlines’ conditions), within a specified period from the date of change or cancellation of the Booking in lieu of which a refund has been made.
Subject to Conditions, if a Customer opts for a refund of the excess amount, after deduction of the applicable fee, the refund will be made available in the following manner:
- 1. For Bookings made through credit cards/debit cards, the refund will be processed by the airlines to the credit card or debit card (as the case may be) used to make such Booking within 7 (seven) working days from the date of the refund request;
- 2. Refunds will be processed by the airlines to the credit cards, debit cards, bank account, or wallets (as the case may be) used to make such Booking and will reflect within 7 (seven) working days from the date of the refund request. A Customer will not have any recourse or claim against us in relation to such refund;
- 3. For Bookings made through American Express cards, the refund will be processed to the American Express card used to make such Booking within 21 (twenty-one) working days from the date of refund request.
Airlines shall be entitled to decline or refuse a refund to a Customer if the option to receive a refund is exercised after the departure of the flight.
A refund made by airlines in accordance with the terms shall be deemed to be a proper refund to Customers and the same shall indicate that airlines have carried out all reasonable acts in power in order to fulfill all obligations/responsibilities under applicable laws and the Conditions. The same shall discharge airlines from any further liability and any further claim towards refund from any Customer.
Airlines shall make refunds either to the person named in the Booking or to the person who has paid for the Booking. The refund to the person not named in a Booking shall be processed upon submission of satisfactory proof to airlines that such person is entitled to receive a refund.
A refund made in the manner set out in the Clauses shall discharge airlines from liability and any further claim for refund from any person.
All refunds will be made by Obtours.in after deducting any applicable fee and charges.